I am a computer science professor at Mills College and a visiting research engineer at Mozilla while on sabbatical. I used to work at Google on projects such as App Inventor (which I still contribute to), Blockly, and the Hour of Code. I have done research in computer architecture, compilers, artificial intelligence, information retrieval, and data mining.
- Computer Science Educators 7.2k 7.2k 44 gold badges2727 silver badges5454 bronze badges
- Academia 6.3k 6.3k 2525 silver badges4444 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 5.5k 5.5k 88 gold badges4040 silver badges7878 bronze badges
- Genealogy & Family History 2.1k 2.1k 66 silver badges2727 bronze badges
- Computer Science 1.5k 1.5k 1313 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 119 Is it better to lie to students or to be pedantic when teaching Intro CS?
- 89 Do authors have to be politically correct in article-writing?
- 72 Is multi-thread output from System.out.println interleaved
- 71 Why are they called breadboards?
- 70 Is praising students' aptitude harmful?
- 63 Why do computer-science majors learn calculus?
- 58 Usability issue: Comment voting policy negatively affects people with minor tremor
- View more network posts →