I am a computer science professor at Mills College and a visiting research engineer at Mozilla while on sabbatical. I used to work at Google on projects such as App Inventor (which I still contribute to), Blockly, and the Hour of Code. I have done research in computer architecture, compilers, artificial intelligence, information retrieval, and data mining.
- Computer Science Educators 7k 7k 44 gold badges2525 silver badges5454 bronze badges
- Academia 6.3k 6.3k 2424 silver badges4343 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 5.4k 5.4k 88 gold badges3737 silver badges7474 bronze badges
- Genealogy & Family History 2.1k 2.1k 55 silver badges2626 bronze badges
- Computer Science 1.5k 1.5k 1313 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 114 Is it better to lie to students or to be pedantic when teaching Intro CS?
- 89 Do authors have to be politically correct in article-writing?
- 71 Why are they called breadboards?
- 70 Is praising students' aptitude harmful?
- 66 Is multi-thread output from System.out.println interleaved
- 62 Why do computer-science majors learn calculus?
- 57 How to convey how much computing power has grown since the 1960s?
- View more network posts →