PhD student in Applied and Computational Mathematics at Caltech. My research interests are in randomized and rank-structured techniques in computational linear algebra with applications in scientific simulation and data science. I write a series of blog posts called Big Ideas in Applied Math, where I give my take on important concepts in applied mathematics from a the perspective of a newcomer to the field.
- Mathematics 5k 5k 22 gold badges1616 silver badges3232 bronze badges
- Physics 952 952 77 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Economics 322 322 11 gold badge22 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Biology 305 305 22 silver badges77 bronze badges
- Computer Science 215 215 11 silver badge77 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 30 Is a map that preserves lines and fixes the origin necessarily linear?
- 20 Why is a conservative force defined as the negative gradient of a potential?
- 20 Why are Sobolev spaces useful?
- 19 What do supply-demand curves really look like?
- 17 Applying Graph Theory to Linear Algebra (not the other way around)
- 15 What does $dx$ mean without $dy$?
- 15 LU Decomposition vs. Cholesky Decomposition
- View more network posts →