Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Member for 8 years, 8 months
Computer scientist, working on theoretical questions that are motivated by practical problems. My thesis was on tractable classes of constraint satisfaction problems, and I have also worked on containment of conjunctive database queries, the macroscope model of communication complexity, lower bounds for streaming, and bounds on parallelism.
- Theoretical Computer Science 18.5k 18.5k 33 gold badges5959 silver badges142142 bronze badges
- Computer Science 3.3k 3.3k 11 gold badge1717 silver badges3434 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 2.2k 2.2k 11 gold badge1818 silver badges3131 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 2k 2k 22 gold badges2424 silver badges3232 bronze badges
- Mathematics 1.2k 1.2k 1010 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 193 What packages do people load by default in LaTeX?
- 146 Major unsolved problems in theoretical computer science?
- 90 Animation in PDF presentations, without Adobe Reader?
- 54 Can one amplify P=NP beyond P=PH?
- 52 Factorial algorithm more efficient than naive multiplication
- 52 Dinner-table description of theoretical computer science?
- 51 Constraint satisfaction problem (CSP) vs. satisfiability modulo theory (SMT); with a coda on constraint programming
- View more network posts →