Closed questions that remain closed are meant to be deleted eventually. Closure (for a reason other than exact duplicate) indicates that the question is not suitable in its present form. Ideally, the question should be improved to make it suitable and be reopened. If the improvement doesn't happen, the question should be deleted.
Users with at least 2000 reputation can vote to delete closed questions, but the tools for that aren't great, so moderators typically end up doing it. As long as we have a low volume of questions, we can sustain a community review for closed questions.
So here's the deal: this is the list of questions that have been closed for at least 30 days, for a reason other than exact duplicate or migration. Please review these questions. If you think one of these questions should be reopened, answer here in defense of the question. If the question requires improvement, please edit it! This especially goes for poor questions with a good answer — don't hesitate to make a heroic edit to save the thread.
This review will go on for a week, until some time Monday 27 August. If you defend a question, please vote to reopen in addition to posting here, if you have enough reputation. Moderators may help with the reopening to ensure that a question doesn't stay forgotten merely because it couldn't get enough reopen votes. Questions that remain undefended after the review period will be deleted.
- Resources about theory of computation, to keep up with a graduate course (NaRQ; +8; 3 answers)
- Variant of TSP in P? (OT; +1; 2 answers)
- List of intro TCS books for those who don't know much about TCS (NC; +7; 7 answers)
- Good uses of computer viruses (OT; +4; 4 answers)
- How does shotgun hill climbing differ from normal hill climbing? (NaRQ; +3; 1 answer)
- Need mathematic description in frames comparison in video (NaRQ; +1)
- Transferring a collection without unavailability (NaRQ; +3; 1 answer)
- Programming method and learning and time table (OT; -1; 1 answer)
- Calculations with CPU's (NaRQ; +2; 1 answer)
- Need some information about computer vision algorithms (NaRQ; 0)
- is it possible divide a physical pixel in half(or less) to show higher resolution then physical(max) resolution on screen? (OT; 0; 1 answer)
- Bit ﬁxing on hypercubes (NaRQ; +3)
- KNAPSACK and dynamic programming (NaRQ; +2)
- Criteria for choosing a first programming language (NC; +2; 2 answers)
- Regular language and grammar (TL; +2)
- Algorithm of two regular expressions (NaRQ; 0)
- How do I create a data-invariant function? (NaRQ; 0)
- How powerful is a hypercomputer (NaRQ; 0)
- Is there any solver available for this type of linear programming problem? (TL; +1)
- What mathematic simulation software is better to learn to use for computer science and algorithms? (NC; +1; 2 answers)
- Is it possible to not import any theory in Isabelle? (OT; +1)
A week's review period and an extra week later, 4 questions remain contested: “someone should edit them”, but nobody's doing any editing… Edit these questions into something suitable for the site, or be silent forever.